Anthony Macri outduels Logan Wagner in epic battle for Keith Kauffman Classic crown
2022-04-24 12:43dirtFan website https://dirtfan.com/dirtfan/assets/graphics/dirtfan-200x200.jpg
PORT ROYAL, Pa. (April 23, 2022) - The 2022 Keith Kauffman Classic at Port Royal Speedway will go down as a race for the ages, as "Speed Palace" rivals Anthony Macri and Logan Wagner waged an all-out war on Saturday night for the $10,000 crown, exchanging challenge after challenge and slider after slider until a final lap block by Macri sealed his winning fate, ultimately securing his second Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 victory in three tries, now with five on his career.
Lining up sixth on the feature grid by way of dash result, Macri was in a hurry right from the start, advancing his way through the running order and poking his nose into a podium position by lap nine. Meanwhile, feature polesitter and Harrisonville native, Logan Wagner, was the man in charge, setting a quick pace at the front of the field with an empty track and clean air to his advantage. The pace did not hold for long, as lapped traffic would enter the picture on lap seven creating a multi-car roadblock for the four-time track champion.
Taking second from Parker Price-Miller on lap 11, Macri's aim quickly switched to Wagner, using Port Royal's extreme outer edge to rapidly reel in the Zemco Speed Equipment No. 1. By lap 17, Macri was all over Wagner for the race lead, exchanging slidejobs the very next circuit before powering around Wagner coming off of four on lap 19. Refusing to settle for second, Wagner did everything he could to power back around the "Concrete Kid," exchanging sliders yet again on lap 24 and 25 before a caution snapped the excitement on lap 26. Without saying, the war was far from over.
The ensuing restart saw the pair pick up right where they left off with Wagner continuing to throw everything he could at Macri. Another slider exchange on lap 29 ultimately resulted in near contact between the two, but Macri persevered. A final lap block by Macri would seal his trip to victory lane, still with Logan Wagner in tow followed by Lance Dewease, Ryan Smith, and Mike Wagner.
"After our incident, Logan and I came to the conclusion that we weren't going to give each other an inch, and with starting sixth, I knew that I had to make something happen on the start. I really didn't do the best job at making that happen...I started to drive aggressively and I think I maybe got too aggressive too soon. The car was a handful in those last few laps and I just tried to get as wide as I could," Dillsburg's Anthony Macri said in victory lane, driver of the J&S Classics/C&D Rigging No. 39M. "I gotta give Logan (Wagner) credit...he could have drove through me when I went to the bottom to block but he didn't. So I thank him for that. These guys have been giving me an awesome car all year long and it's been showing.
"How about these fans...this was an unreal race," Logan Wagner said following his runner-up finish. "Anthony (Macri) is good and he drove me clean. He shut the door on me getting into one but I shut the door on him in the last Keith Kauffman Classic...that's just the way it goes. The best driver won here tonight."
The Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will continue their 2022 campaign with a Pennsylvania and Ohio mixer on Friday through Sunday, April 29 through May 1, visiting Lernerville Speedway, Sharon Speedway, and Waynesfield Raceway Park in consecutive fashion. All three events will award $6,000 top prizes, simultaneously igniting a busy May slate comprised of nine events throughout Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.
In response to the concern for limited right rear tire supply resulting in the potential for a very low car count, Tezos All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 and Bedford Speedway officials have made the mutual decision to postpone the Bedford Speedway event scheduled for Thursday, April 28, until a date later in the year that has yet to be determined. An announcement will be made when it becomes available.
For those who can not witness the All Star Circuit of Champions live and in person, FloRacing.com, the official media partner and broadcast provider of the All Stars, has you covered. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit FloRacing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. Race fans can see all the USAC and dirt late-model action they want in addition to Eldora Speedway's slate of races and those of the All Star Circuit of Champions. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Port Royal Speedway | April 23, 2022:
Event: Keith Kauffman Classic | $10,000
Kistler Racing Products Pill Draw | Entries: 41
Nunzi's Advertising Hot Laps: Logan Wagner | 15.182
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Mike Wagner | 15.416
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #1 Winner: Ryan Smith
Competition Suspension Inc Heat #2 Winner: Cap Henry
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #3 Winner: Parker Price-Miller
Mobil 1 Heat #4 Winner: Logan Wagner
Kistler Racing Products Heat #5 Winner: Justin Whittall
Elliott's Custom Trailers and Carts Dash Winner: Logan Wagner
Classic Ink USA B-Main Winner: Danny Dietrich
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Dylan Cisney
Tezos A-Main Winner: Anthony Macri (2)
Hercules Tires A-Main Hard Charger: Danny Dietrich (+14)
Carquest Perseverance Award: Bill Balog
1. 55W-Mike Wagner, 15.416; 2. 7-Scott Bogucki, 15.573; 3. 6-Ryan Smith, 15.581; 4. 91-Kyle Reinhardt, 15.585; 5. 19M-Brent Marks, 15.626; 6. 19-Chris Windom, 15.738; 7. 28-Tim Shaffer, 15.831; 8. 11B-Carl Bowser, 16.052; 9. K33-Dylan Cisney, NT
1. 45-Jeff Halligan, 15.737; 2. 98-Jared Esh, 15.802; 3. 4-Cap Henry, 15.916; 4. 33-Gerard McIntyre, 15.969; 5. 11T-TJ Stutts, 15.997; 6. 35-Tyler Reeser, 16.082; 7. 25-Tyler Bear, 16.259; 8. 2C-Cory Thornton, 17.654; 9. 18-Gio Scelzi, NT
1. 69K-Lance Dewease, 15.698; 2. 11-Parker Price Miller, 15.897; 3. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 15.940; 4. 2-AJ Flick, 15.952; 5. 19s-Curt Stroup, 16.096; 6. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr., 16.264; 7. 33W-Michael Walter, 16.491; 8. O7-Bradley Howard, 16.515
1. 39M-Anthony Macri, 15.695; 2. 1-Logan Wagner, 15.825; 3. 12-Blane Heimbach, 16.023; 4. 10-Zeb Wise, 16.032; 5. 17-Steve Buckwalter, 16.118; 6. 23-Pat Cannon, 16.127; 7. 42-Sye Lynch, 16.138; 8. 58-Troy Wagaman Jr., 16.315
1. 5W-Lucas Wolfe, 15.926; 2. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 15.970; 3. 67-Justin Whittall, 16.024; 4. 26-Cory Eliason, 16.033; 5. 13-Justin Peck, 16.037; 6. 48-Danny Dietrich, 16.042; 7. 17B-Bill Balog, 16.150; 8. 8-Nick Sweigart, 17.239
Heat 1 (8 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 6-Ryan Smith ; 2. 7-Scott Bogucki ; 3. 55W-Mike Wagner ; 4. 19M-Brent Marks ; 5. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 6. 28-Tim Shaffer ; 7. K33-Dylan Cisney ; 8. 19-Chris Windom ; 9. 11B-Carl Bowser 
Heat 2 (8 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 33-Gerard McIntyre ; 3. 45-Jeff Halligan ; 4. 11T-TJ Stutts ; 5. 35-Tyler Reeser ; 6. 2C-Cory Thornton ; 7. 98-Jared Esh 
Heat 3 (8 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 11-Parker Price Miller ; 2. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 3. 2-AJ Flick ; 4. 69K-Lance Dewease ; 5. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 6. 33W-Michael Walter ; 7. 19s-Curt Stroup ; 8. O7-Bradley Howard 
Heat 4 (8 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 1-Logan Wagner ; 2. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 3. 12-Blane Heimbach ; 4. 10-Zeb Wise ; 5. 23-Pat Cannon ; 6. 42-Sye Lynch ; 7. 17-Steve Buckwalter ; 8. 58-Troy Wagaman Jr. 
Heat 5 (8 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 67-Justin Whittall ; 2. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 3. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 4. 26-Cory Eliason ; 5. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 6. 13-Justin Peck ; 7. 17B-Bill Balog ; 8. 8-Nick Sweigart 
Dash (6 Laps)
1. 1-Logan Wagner ; 2. 11-Parker Price Miller ; 3. 55W-Mike Wagner ; 4. 4-Cap Henry ; 5. 67-Justin Whittall ; 6. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 7. 45-Jeff Halligan ; 8. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 9. 6-Ryan Smith ; 10. 69K-Lance Dewease 
B-main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. 19-Chris Windom ; 3. 17B-Bill Balog ; 4. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 5. K33-Dylan Cisney ; 6. 35-Tyler Reeser ; 7. 28-Tim Shaffer ; 8. 23-Pat Cannon ; 9. 17-Steve Buckwalter ; 10. 58-Troy Wagaman Jr. ; 11. O7-Bradley Howard ; 12. 9K-Kevin Thomas Jr. ; 13. 42-Sye Lynch ; 14. 19s-Curt Stroup ; 15. 2C-Cory Thornton ; 16. 8-Nick Sweigart ; 17. 13-Justin Peck ; 18. 11B-Carl Bowser 
A-main (30 Laps)
1. 39M-Anthony Macri ; 2. 1-Logan Wagner ; 3. 69K-Lance Dewease ; 4. 6-Ryan Smith ; 5. 55W-Mike Wagner ; 6. 5W-Lucas Wolfe ; 7. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 8. 11-Parker Price Miller ; 9. 45-Jeff Halligan ; 10. 12-Blane Heimbach ; 11. 33-Gerard McIntyre ; 12. 4-Cap Henry ; 13. 17B-Bill Balog ; 14. 19M-Brent Marks ; 15. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 16. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 17. 19-Chris Windom ; 18. 10-Zeb Wise ; 19. 7-Scott Bogucki ; 20. K33-Dylan Cisney ; 21. 26-Cory Eliason ; 22. 2-AJ Flick ; 23. 13-Justin Peck ; 24. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 25. 28-Tim Shaffer ; 26. 19s-Curt Stroup ; 27. 67-Justin Whittall ; 28. 11T-TJ Stutts  Lap Leaders: Logan Wagner (1-18), Anthony Macri (19-30)
2022 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
East Bay Raceway Park, FL (February 14): Tyler Courtney
East Bay Raceway Park, FL (February 15): Cory Eliason
Attica Raceway Park, OH (April 15): Tyler Courtney (2)
Attica Raceway Park, OH (April 16): Tyler Courtney (3)
Bloomsburg, PA (April 21): Anthony Macri
Williams Grove, PA (April 22): Brent Marks
Port Royal, PA (April 23): Anthony Macri (2)
2022 All Star Dixie Fast Timers:
East Bay Raceway Park, FL (February 14): Alex Bowman | 12.932
East Bay Raceway Park, FL (February 15): Danny Dietrich | 12.747
Attica Raceway Park, OH (April 15): Brady Bacon | 13.239
Attica Raceway Park, OH (April 16): Cole Macedo | 13.961
Bloomsburg, PA (April 21): Parker Price-Miller | 13.249
Williams Grove, PA (April 22): Anthony Macri | 16.902
Port Royal, PA (April 23): Mike Wagner | 15.416
2022 All Star Hercules Hard Chargers:
East Bay Raceway Park, FL (February 14): Terry McCarl (+12)
East Bay Raceway Park, FL (February 15): Tanner Thorson (+14)
Attica Raceway Park, OH (April 15): Bill Balog (+16)
Attica Raceway Park, OH (April 16): Greg Wilson (+13)
Bloomsburg, PA (April 21): Dominic Scelzi (+8)
Williams Grove, PA (April 22): Lucas Wolfe (+12)
Port Royal, PA (April 23): Danny Dietrich (+14)
2022 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (as of April 23):
Tyler Courtney - 702
Parker Price-Miller - 680
Bill Balog - 658
Zeb Wise - 646
Cap Henry - 644
Justin Peck - 632
Hunter Schuerenberg - 614
Cory Eliason - 606
Tim Shaffer - 572
Kyle Reinhardt - 566
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and exchange value in a digitally connected world. A self-upgradable and energy-efficient Proof of Stake blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly adopts tomorrow's innovations without network disruptions today. For more information, please visit www.tezos.com.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1. Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ vertical sport categories in the US and abroad. FloSports' vision is to give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally, your sport has a home. For more information, please visit: flosports.tv.
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.