Macon Speedway in Macon, Illinois Information
Macon Speedway was built in 1946 by Wayne Webb on the site of a brick factory on Macon’s West side. It has been in continuous operation since its inception.
It has been touted as “The World’s fastest 1/5 mile dirt track” for many years. It was also formerly known as “The Other Brickyard” — “Other” being a reference to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s nickname, and “Brickyard” due to buried bricks rising up to the track’s surface from time to time. Many famous drivers who compete on dirt tracks have been to Macon at one time or another.
Macon Speedway races Pro Late Models, Pro Modifieds, Street Stocks, Hornets, and Micros.
Macon Speedway track info
205 N Wiles St
Macon, Illinois, 62544
1/5 mile high banked dirt oval
Macon Speedway upcoming races
- Sat, Aug 24 - Races
- Sat, Sep 7 - Hornet World Championship
- Sat, Sep 14 - 5th John Osman Memorial - Micros Fall Nationals + POWRi - Performance Open Wheel Racing, Inc. - Micro 600CC Outlaw - Races + POWRi - Performance Open Wheel Racing, Inc. - Midget National - Races
Nearby Dirt Tracks
- Cerro Gordo Speedway, Cerro Gordo, Illinois - 25 miles
- Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, Illinois - 43 miles
- Lincoln Speedway, Lincoln, Illinois - 46 miles
- Coles County Speedway, Mattoon, Illinois - 48 miles
- Farmer City Raceway, Farmer City, Illinois - 54 miles
- Charleston Speedway, Charleston, Illinois - 56 miles
- Fayette County Speedway, Brownstown, Illinois - 59 miles
- Champaign County Fairgrounds, Urbana, Illinois - 67 miles
- Jacksonville Speedway, Jacksonville, Illinois - 82 miles
- Highland Speedway, Highland, Illinois - 93 miles
- Peoria Speedway, Peoria, Illinois - 93 miles
Looking for dirt tracks and races near you? Check out our find dirt track races webpage.